Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Poor Horse


Have you ever heard that saying about beating the dead horse?  Yeah, so have I.  I never thought I’d be the one to say it though.  I typically don’t tell people to stop whining, because well, there are times when I whine too.  I’d rather not run the risk of being a hypocrite.  In recent times though, I have to say I’ve seen a bit of horse-beating.

I have been thinking about it and I think the phrase can be said for more things than just about something.  So, with that in mind, I thought I would make a little list that might help someone you love know what they are doing so you don’t have to choke them.  Now, for the record this is supposed to be a light-hearted blog post and is being written in fun, not criticism. 

 

Do you……

Consistently complain about that one time when you were 10 and your brother snatched your candy? 

Post constantly on Facebook about the issue you have with that one friend?  You know, the one you don’t want to name but everybody under the sun knows who it is?

Try to destroy your ex’s relationship even though you’ve clearly “moved on”?

Try to reassure yourself with memes that tell you that you’re awesome and can do better?

Do you constantly tell that one “awesome” story that everyone knows and can repeat by heart?
 
Are you still complaining about what a family member said to you 3 years ago?

 

If any of these apply to you or a loved one…STOP BEATING THE DEAD HORSE.  Yes, I know he can’t feel it, but it’s painful for the rest of us. 

1 comment: