Thursday, February 28, 2013

Don't look at me...I didn't touch the salt!


I have been wondering all day what to write about.  I don’t want to bore anyone with incessant goings on about my son (although he’s absolutely adorable).  I’m not necessarily one to get into political arguments so I’m definitely not going there.  I could write about how my dog is overweight and has to be on a diet or the fact that my cat is weird but eh.  So I did all the other things I needed to do and then it smacked me right in the forehead.

Family.  There’s so much that goes into being a family that that little word does not do it justice.  Not in my opinion anyhow.  You have your ups and your downs. There are fights and there are hugs.  You cry together and laugh together.  Distance may separate you.  Age may separate you.  Some families have feuds that last a lifetime and some are pretty much like the Cleavers. 

We all have that one family member that drives us up the wall.  You know the one I’m talking about.  If you say you don’t have one then something is wrong.  We all have our own attitudes and preferences and from time to time they clash with other family members.  That is completely okay.  The real meaning of family is being there for one another.  Whether it is being there to hold each other in times of sadness or to loosen the salt shaker at family picnics, we need each other.  After all, that’s what we’re here for.

Family relationships are always dynamic.  I think one of the most awesome things about family is all of the little quirks.  The most beautiful part is coming together when something is wrong (even if it is that ONE family member who you can’t stand to be around).  Always remember that you are loved and needed by your family and never take them for granted. 



P.S.  If any of my family reads this…don’t look at me if the salt shaker comes open =P

No comments:

Post a Comment